/

My Trip to Siem Reap, Cambodia



My first oversea travel for this year happened last thursday. I went to Siem Reap Cambodia to explore one of the seven wonders of the world. I booked the ticket months ago and supposed to be there last November but because it coincides with the unannounced company in-house training, I have to postpone the trip and rescheduled the trip. By the time I booked the ticket I imagined myself to be doing an Indiana Jones in Angkor Wat and be doing what Lara Croft did in Ta Prohm and expected to be sighting a girl keep popping up from inside the ruined temple.
But alas I was quite disappointed to not experienced it as there are just hundred of us in every temple I have been into. Hahah no, i'm just kidding but I wish it could be done. But it was quite of an experience, and I must say I was swiped away by the grandiose of the structures and spellbound by the one responsible of building such humungous layers of slab of stones. It was said that it took 30 years to complete the Angkor Wat but if it will be build at present time it would take 300 years to complete!

My trip sums up this. I have visited four temples, explore the town center at day and in the evening, explore the whole nation :) thru its cultural village, went out of Siem Reap and travel to Battambang which is two hour away from Siem Reap. Just like any tourist, I climbed to Phnom Bakheng to watched sunset and woke up early and braved the cold to watched sunrise in Angkor Wat only to be disappointed by the cloud as it hide the sun and only to disappear and let the sun out after it rises higher above the Angkor Wat.

Waiting for the sun to rise at the Angkor Wat grounds

Banteay Kdei Temple

Angkor Thom Bayon Temple

Ta Prohm Temple

Phnom Bakheng Temple

Viewing sunset on top of Phnom Bakheng Temple

Cambodia Cultural Village

Battambang town

Town center at night

The Ree Hotel lobby where I stayed in Siem Reap.