/

My Trip to Bali Indonesia


I went out of Singapore again last weekend for four days this time to Bali, Indonesia. I booked this trip 2 months ago after a good deal from Jetstar came out and matches to my long weekend off. I filed one day leave to make the most of my trip to Bali as I was looking forward for this trip. I did enjoy the trip and I have to admit that indeed it was one of the planned trips I got the chance to experience a different culture, but there are some disappointments actually and could be avoided should I not rely much on the internet. Indeed Bali is island of the gods as there are countless temples wherever you go in Bali. And either it is small or big temple, all of them carry the same Balinese architecture with the wall carving influenced from the ancient Hindu era. The rich Balinese culture is very evident in the villages. During the trip I was able to visit famous places and temples Bali is known for.


The beach experience though is not as what I was expecting, perhaps I was not on the right place. The Kuta beach is not ideal for swimming but for surfing, which the beach is famous for. No beach chairs and umbrellas to rent here, only surfboards. You can not find rows of coconut trees but small trees and shrubs along the beachfront, that shall provide you shades from the sun. In the afternoon the beachfront is so crowded as it is popular place for locals and tourists to hang out. One thing I observed the Kuta town is very much similar to Patong of Phuket, Thailand.


I was disappointed also with the Barong Dance my driver brought me to watched. Paying 80thousand rupiah for a substandard show really disappointed me as suppose to be this show is a must see while in Bali. The famous rice terraces in Tegallalang is not as massive as the Banaue Rice Terraces in the Philippines but nevertheless provide a picturesque panorama. The Kintamani Ridge is very similar to Tagaytay Ridge in the Philippines but the view in Tagaytay is much better :).


The hotel where I stay has rooms which is bare and a bit outdated, but the exterior especially the pool area is well maintained and beautiful at night.


I believe that there are a lot more to explore in Bali, and I wish to come back.


the Barong Dance

Kuta Beach

the first temple I have visited, cant recall the name

Gua Gajah (Elephant Cave)

Gunung Kawi is a Hindu temple complex with old omission from the stone era.

Tampak Siring Temple is a temple with a big water source residing in the middle of it

Kintamani/Batur Volcano and Lake

Tegalalang Rice Terraces

Tanah Lot Temple is a Hindu temple set on the big rock and located in the sea. This temple can be reach by foot only during low tide

my Hotel in Bali