/

My Trip to Bukit Tinggi, Malaysia



I spent three days during the chinese new year holidays in Kuala Lumpur and Bukit Tinggi in Malaysia. As the trip was not a planned one, I was having difficulty booking for a trip ticket and the hotel room.  The trip is to check the Colmar Tropicale in Bukit Tinggi in Pahang Malaysia, I bite the price for the late booking, and the land travel. The resort online booking site says there were no more available rooms for the holidays, but when I checked Agoda, where I usually book hotel rooms for my travel overseas, I was able to get a one bedroom room. I might consider myself lucky to be able to book a room on the last minute and be able to secure a bus ticket. I travelled in the morning of Sunday and arrived Kuala Lumpur at around 2:00 in the afternoon. Spend the afternoon at Bukit Bintang, and KLCC until the evening. I purposely waited until the evening at the KLCC to take night shoots of the Petronas Twin Towers. I was literally entertained by the kabayans who were there doing pose well for me is entertaining. Then I went back to the hotel to refresh and spend the rest of the evening at a bar in Bukit Bintang.


The next day I traveled to Colmar Tropicale at Bukit Tinggi, Pahang, Malaysia, a 40-minute drive from Kuala Lumpur by land.  To go there, there is a van at the Berjaya Times Square that goes to the Colmar Tropicale. While traversing the Karak Highway from Kuala Lumpur, memories of days past keep coming back as I used to drive this highway daily going to the project site. Yes, I was involved in the site development and the construction of this resort. By around lunch I was already at the resort and it was a mixed feeling of excitement and fulfillment to see and experience being in the resort firsthand. I can only be checked-in by 3:00pm as the room is still occupied. I was able to sweet-talk the receptionist to give me the room with the best view, that is at the block in the middle of the square and the room facing the open square. I was having lunch when the receptionist called me that my room is ready and I can be check-in already.

Overall I enjoyed my stay in the resort, expensive it may be but its all worth it. Attractions in the resort were the Colmar Tropicale, a copycat of a french village, a Japanese village and the botanical garden. There is the Rabbit House also which was the old clubhouse of the golf course and where we used to have our weekly project meetings.

By 2:00 pm, the following day I was already back to Berjaya Times Square, Kuala Lumpur and by 8:00pm the bus will pick me up here for the trip back to Singapore.To kill the time I went to Bukit Bintang to do some last minute shopping. By 7:45pm i was already back at the hotel lobby and surprised to found out that there is no bus waiting for me. The bus that will bring me back to Singapore arrived late at the designated pick up place, and managed to pick me up by 11:00pm and by 4:00am I was back in Singapore.

The Pavilion Mall in Bukit Bintang

Kabayans!

The Petronas Twin Tower at night

One of Malaysia picturesque highways

Approaching the Colmar Tropicale

Entrance to the french village.

The courtyard from the Viewdeck.

The one bedroom suite

View from the terrace


The Japanese Village, foggy in the morning!