/

Visiting National Gallery Singapore, Part 1


Before the closing of the two iconic historical buildings, the former Supreme Court Building and City Hall, I had the opportunity to visit and explore  its interiors during its open house before it will be close and subject into major renovation to transformed the two iconic buildings into one edifice that will be named National Gallery Singapore. It was then did I focused on to the former Supreme Court building which I have chronicled on my post.

Few months ago I got the chance to visit the National Gallery Singapore. Since it was opened on November 2015 it was only recently that I got to check the gallery up close.


The National Gallery Singapore houses two permanent galleries, the DBS Singapore Gallery and the UOB Southeast Asia Gallery.  The DBS Singapore Gallery displays work of Singapore local artists dated from the colonial period to present day and housed at the City Hall wing. The UOB Southeast Asia Gallery, housed in Supreme Court building, displays the work of famous  artists from Southeast Asia.