/

Weekend Indulgence : Overnight in Johor Bahru, Malaysia


 It came out as a last minute decision. Though I was looking for a diversion to break the restlessness of the monotonous week days, going out of Singapore did not cross my mind at first. I was thinking of visiting a local place that I was aiming to visit but none appeals to me and my body was longing for a change environment. So I thought I have to go out somewhere that is just a short travel and just chill out and do nothing to clear out and be freed of my present state of restlessness. Beach bumming was the option but I don't want to travel far since it will just be an overnight option.  So I decided to stay in a hotel in Johor Bahru with a pool and a health club and within the city center. Although the room rate is much cheaper compared to Singapore hotels, the rate of the hotel I intend to stay is out of my budget. So I explore other areas outside  of the city center, and boy I was lucky to find one. It has jacuzzi right inside the room! 


As result, I had a very relaxing weekend and totally rejuvenated because of the jacuzzi, and the room is not bad. I spent my entire stay in the room at the jacuzzi and was away only for dinner out.




The dinner was at a typical food strip that usually opens late in the evening and closes at the early hour of the morning. I learned that most of the regulars were Singaporeans who travel at night time to this place just to eat. Restoran 59 Abalone Noodles is famous for noodle soup with abalone, and yes I can say their's is the best tasting noodle soup. The place though is not that ideal when it comes to hygiene and the tables were lined outdoors invading the street. And  they have their own drink called ice jelly, it is refreshing. The place is located along Jalan Kelewang facing Wisma Tiong Hua. The night was spent exploring the Danga Bay and its surroundings. There is outdoor themepark within the area and locals converge during evening weekends. 

Danga Bay Yatch Club

Outdoor themepark at Danga Bay


Upon check out I took the opportunity to check and roam around the city and just appreciate the uniqueness of the city before heading back to Singapore in the late afternoon.



The railway station

A red house at the Old Town strip


Sultan Abu Bakar Royal Museum grounds


Little India